Sunday 2 March 2014

Enjoying this

So this is my second post on tonight. Am making use of having some wifi and having some photos to put on here.

I went to The Photography Show today in Birmingham. One of the reasons for me going was to see the IGPOTY 'garden' for all the seasons. In the back of one of the halls, there were people hovering and kneeling beside a variety of flowers in a garden. There was even a little fake snow for winter. Here in the garden, I got out my SLR and took photos from above (just like everyone else), messed around with the settings and realised I didn't know what I was doing, so just put my camera on a setting that I wanted (that may not have been the best for the lighting/distance/subject) and shot away. It took me a while to figure out what it was I wanted. I didn't want photos from above, even though this is how I started, but everyone was doing that. So, I got down low, shoot through the leaves (blind, as still can't figure out how to get the 'live' settings on my LCD screen) and looking up.

These are the results. Have to say I'm pretty impressed. Happy with what my SLR has achieved and I might even consider taking it out on my next outing with me.






No comments:

Post a Comment